Originally Posted by dhg
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I would love to own one with all the barrels I want, but for the price I can have a BAT machine action, krieger barrel, mcmillan stock, all put together glass bedded etc for less money.

The Blaser is still the better hunting rifle. It is three inches shorter thru the action, so it points like a lever. And it repeats as fast as a lever. Every barrel i have had is capable of .5MOA. I can pull it down and put it back together in a minute, and it'll still shoot to exactly the same point. It is more corrosion resistant. I can mount a larger objective lens scope lower because it mounts to the barrel. And it is now the only rifle i need. Whether i am using it as a varmint rifle or big game rifle, it perfoms the role better than any rifle i have owned previously.

And ultimately, you can only carry one rifle at a time. Hunting in remote areas in NZ, i can even take two barrels with me and effectively have two guns - a long range barrel for chamois and tahr on the peaks, and a thumper for elk.

Yes indeed!

I too have had customs & semi-customs built up, but nothing has ever come close to my Blasers. Not even my NULA, & I luv that rifle!
1/2" is easy with the right ammo, if I do my part.....

The kicker now is. The R8 is officially the strongest action ever tested by DEVA. Scoring an impressive 210,000thou PSI without letting go.
Plain & simple. Da Germans just do it better!!!

Taking my rifle for a walk