Originally Posted by jorgeI
I almost took the plunge on a Blaser until I saw three different episodes on TV, one of them sponsored by them, where the hunter had issues with jams on hurried shots. That and the removable combination trigger'magazine group, well just too radical for me. I'll stick with 70s Browning Safari Grades and doubles smile

Jorge, as an aviator, with a lot of math fundamental to aviation, you should (and do) know that a stat of one, especially where there is no isolated element to pin the fault on--the magazine or the bolt or action as a whole-- but a least two including the skill or lack thereof of the operator, is meaningless. It is meaningless in regard to drawing a conclusion on the Blaser straight pull action. After all, I've seen guys jam all sorts of traditional bolt guns.

I've fired 5 30/06 rounds from the R93 in 3 seconds and that was not particularly fast, but, the measure was to stay on 20" target at 50 yds. The R93 was bored grin. And I've repeated it with other barrels and cartridges. Try that with a traditional bolt gun.

Much more imortantly, a blessed Christmas to you and yours.