Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Back to RL 17, I've run it in 3 cartridges - 7mm and .300 SAUM, and the .260 Rem.. I saw very modest gains in velocity in all, but accuracy wasn't as good as H4350 and H4831. And it seemed to run kinda hot in my SAUM's..

I no longer have my notes on the Re17...I tried loading a Roberts with the 80 gr. TTSX & the 100 gr. TSX...during the same range trip I'd also loaded some 80 & 85 gr. Barnes for a .243 & the results for both were the same...wild variations in velocity & sticky feeling bolts before I got anywhere near what should have been max loads. The stuff scared me bad enough that I won't use it. It may have been a bad batch of powder, I don't know...for those interested in the white blocks at the bottom of the bottle, the left side says CE0519 & on the right it has...
Aug 2 2009
Shift Z
Lot 02709

Mostly full bottle that won't get used again.

I just found some of the recorded data I had on the .243 mixed in with some misc. notes... 43 gr. with the 85 gr. TSX resulted in the following velocities 3177, 3462, 3363.
The 3462 reading resulted in a bolt that was stiffer than it should have been & was put in the notes...