Originally Posted by BuckeyeSpecial
A Girl, An Elk, A 243 Win/105VLD and 688yds makes elk steaks [Re: TBaker5390]
BuckeyeSpecial Online content
Campfire Regular

TB Baker et al:

I am joining AlabamaEd on this one....

A very experienced shooter was the one to attempt this shot, and to determine the yardage, set the scope, dope the wind...all by herself. BUT....

While Mr. Burns, the guide, did an admirable job, the shooter didn't determine yardage, or set the scope on her own calculation, or dope the wind, and what did she learn to be able to consistently do a shot like this again, or even 80% of the time?

No mention from the guide, either, on practicing this 300-400 rounds or so, before trying it in the field.

While that 105 VLD did it this time, it ain't much of a bullet statistically out of a 243 at near 800 [error 700]yards to do it 10 times out of 10, or even 5 times out of 10 in a very experienced hand with those yardages and wind conditions.

Read what Greg Rodriguez of Shooting Times magazine has to say of this type of shooting, with far larger calibers than the .243. And, he never met AlabamaEd.
+3 AlabamaEd.

I posted this elsewhere on the 24CF, and I am re-posting it on the Long Range Forum as some of the readers here may benefit. The video is at at the Hunting Rifles thread re the title above. Falls under the category : If it happens one time, it doesn't mean it happens most of the time

I admire your determination, you are definately determined to make sure that everyone knows that you re an idiot

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first