I have owned more than a few Sako rifles and also have never had any trouble with their clamp-on scope mounting system but I can't imagine this system being nearly as secure as one that is actually screwed to the receiver, I have read a few Sako horror stories on the campfire that related instances of scopes sliding off Sako rifles rings bases and all, an African PH wrote that he had seen more than one Sako rifle loose it's scope while standing up in a truck rack. I can see how this might happen to a scoped Sako rifle, or the guy who related the story where he was on a horseback hunting trip and was sliding his rifle back in it's scabbard only to watch in horror as his Swarovski scope went careening down a rocky slope, whether these stories are true or not I don't know but I can see how it would be possible for this to happen with this design, I also noticed that Sako didn't go with this system when they designed the new A7 rifle, I know Tikka uses a similar tip-off type system but I have no experience with Tikka rifles, Tikkas by most accounts are very accurate but they still reek of cheapness in my book, too much plasteek for me..................Hb