I wonder if the steel used in a Sako barrel takes a re-bore? If so, that may be a good route with a used Sako on a budget. But doesn't need to be a 9.3x62 to be a great rifle, I was just pointing out how I'm liking the Recknagel sights and the new ringmounts added to a Finnlight package. I'm using scopes with forgiving ring spacing and generous eye relief, so the compact stand-up ringmount fits well without any need for off-set. I also like how the Sako dovetail system is machined for windage adjustment at the front mount. I have room to move the front mount forward or rearward, which moves the point of impact left or right in a calibrated degree so that I can keep my turret centered in its range of adjustment.

I'm also liking the S&B turret which is well marked having an indicator for adjustment travel within its range.

[Linked Image]

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood