Originally Posted by greyghost1
Came across this website a few years ago, might be worth looking into if you just want a standard grade pup.

http://www.drahthaars.net/trebor.htm

I got my first GWP from Treborwolf and it was an elite female. She was an excellent dog and we hunted Idaho for many years. My second and third GWP came from Cascade Kennels in Sherwood Oregon and those dogs were every bit as good as the excellent pup from Treborwolf. I liked working with Ray and Lynn.

BUT, all of my GWPs became very territorial when in their later years and since I life around others this was not acceptable.

My hunting partner has a 2 year old Puddlepointer that is showing great promise. She is more relaxed and works closer than any of my GWPs.

I started with a Springer and he was a terror on pheasants and he tracked them into hell. I found some of his retrieves unbelievable and I was there! But he was impossible to control and would run up birds whether or not you were there. He listened well until he got a nose full of bird and then all bets were off.

I miss all of my dogs, they were all fun to hunt over, some more so than others.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein