I'll post some exchanges I had with Aaron concerning the technicals for the BR2. I don't think he will mind because it helps everyone interested to understand the functions of the BR2 and why the BR2 functions the way it does. I am still on the fence between the BR2 and the group buy on the PLRF05.

My question:

Does the BR2 compensate for multiple BC's, Coriolis, or spin drift?? If not, do you plan to add this??

Is there a return policy if I buy it and it doesn't work for my shooting style??

Reply:

The unit can use G7 or G1 drag model based ballistic coefficients. Multiple BCs is an old school way of solving the problem. Try calculating your data at www.gseven.com, and use the trajectory validation feature to fit your data. The rf uses the same calculator.

Research how the unit works before you make the purchase, then you will have no question about whether it will fit your shooting style. Please call me directly if you have any questions.

We do not comp for coriolis or spin.

My next question:

Thanks for the reply. How can you not account for Coriolis and spin drift if you are going to be accurate > ~800 yards?? I played around with the G7 Ballistics program and that looks pretty good but at 1000 yards, I might be 12 " off in a zero wind situation simply because of spin drift and Coriolis. At 1400 yards, this error appears to be ~ 20 inches according to my Ballistics programs (2900fps Sierra 142, .264, 1-9 twist, 39deg North, Az = 355deg) . That is the only weak link I see in the BR2, beam divergence isn't that bad, otherwise, it is probably a "buy"

Answer:

For a round that is delivering enough velocity to be effective terminally at 1000 yards, zeroing your gun north or south only puts you off a couple inches vertically at 1000 yards. Same applies for spindrift. I zero my rifle at 600 to 800 yards, and have no concerns about compensating for drift to 1000.

If you are shooting a 308 win, different rules apply...

I'm still not sure I want to carry a rangefinder, iPhone (with Shooter or the Ballistic Field Tactical app, and a Kestral) Having the BR2 and the Kestral is plenty... ???

by the way.....this is my first post on this forum, Cheers shooters !!