I thought I would mention a little about some lures Ive used for years and some that I have recently found to be great. Seems we have a few guys just starting and could use the info.

Ive been trapping for about 20 years and the list of lures I have tried is pretty long to say the least. As with anything else, I have come to trust a select few to uses year after year. Bear in mind I target cats, coons, coyotes, and the occaisional fox. Some of my old favs are Gusto, Steppenwolf I and II, Pro's Choice, Catmando, Mink Master, Cawfish Oil, Yodel Dog, Coons Casket, Moonshine, Sweetwater Flattail.

Some of the more recent lures I have tried that I believe are top notch are VooDoo, Violator 7, GH II, and Bounty Hunter.

My favorite 2 lures would be Violator 7 and Gusto, with GH II and VooDoo being right there with them.

As for baits I have a couple I make and a couple commercial. I buy Hiawatha Valley (awesome), Minnesotsa Predator, and Bush Wacker.

Hope this helps some of the new trappers out. I know I am always pondering the next best lure.

Joseph

Joseph