I need to practice, I come from a competitive long range rifle background for many years, being pretty much at the top of the pack so to speak, generally in the top 100 in the nation. THe problem there, shotgun is totally bass ackwards.... I need help there bad, but refused to take time until I quit rifle competition.... Shotgun breeds BAD rifle habits...

So now I need to work on the shotgun skills.

And yes, I"ve passed up more than a few birds that once you drew down on them you realized, nope, not in range....

And yep, well aware of slope distance vs horizontal. 40 yard marker just makes me think, lets be 10 inside that for sure and hopefully 20, and by the time we move and shoot, hopefully we are at 30 or so....

The problem with ducks, for me at least, is the multitude of angles you get. its never simple crossing shots.....

What I wouldn't give to shoot a season with some kind of glowing pellets so I could learn what the heck is going on.

Now back to practice.... do you shoot 1500 fps loads but practice with 1200 fps loads? The more I think about some of this that seems defeating totally.... I should either load really fast lead to practice with, or shoot the slower heavier payload steel shells.... seems like you should practice with the same speed. And I dont' really want to shell out 10 bucks a box on steel to shoot trap/skeet...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....