Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
I ran across an ad in our paper today listing a Colt police positive. After talking to the guy, He tells me it is a Police positive special 2nd issue in .38 that has a letter from colt authenticating a refurbishment.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing and does this letter help or hurt the value?

I was just looking for a plinker but this sounds to nice. I know just enough to be dangerous which is why I am here.

Thanks,
It would be a fine gun to own but im a Colt collector so im biased. Refurbished and reblued are two different things. Colt offers rebluing and always has/will as long as they are in business. If there were any parts replaced they were factory parts so that is not an issue either way. If it were reblued then that destroyed ant collector valud. Even if Colt did the reblue. Ive seen some good reblue jobs in my day and some of them require a long histort of collecting to notice. As far as a plinker it will plink with the best of them. Colt values will only get higher as time goes on and even a reblue will gain value. Hope this helps some. Its kinda hard to pay too much for a nice Colt as most of them arent being made anymore.

If the world didnt suck we would all fall off!