Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
I checked on it and they had to be ordered by a distributor at the show. I called a shop I deal with and told them I wanted one and they in turn contacted their distributor to get one ordered.

However, one can check on that shot show gun page at a later date and locate where they were shipped. Click on the .257 in the shot show list of guns, which brings up the picture, description and UPC, item number whatever. At the bottom left there is a link to find dealers who carry it. Click that and it shows Gallery of Guns....which does not show them yet. However I'm assuming that there will be a list there at some point in time.

I also talked to Winchester and you can call later and find out once they are shipped where they went as far as dealers are concerned.

Hope that helps.

Oh...forgot. Suggested retail like $879 or somewhere in there without looking again. My shop said about $750, which is the same or cheaper than a older XTR in .257.

Wacenturion, thanks for all of the info. I made a note to follow up on this issue in a month or so. I hope there are a few of them left.

I talked to my FFL dealer today and he's going to place an order with Davidson's Gallery of Guns.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.