Hi,

Just want to show you a german made traditional bolt action rifle. Was presented in 2010 and is available yet in Europe.

The Jager10 is made by Haenel which belong to Merkel in Suhl. Haenel was very well know for precision rifles before 1stWW. Hugo Schmeisser worked there after that date and during 2nd WW, he developped what became the Stg44 alias Sturmgewer

Receiver is steel, same as barrel steel to reduce problems created with different dilation coefficient.

Bolt possess an interchangeable locking head to adapt different head size with 6 lugs. Opening is a short 60�.
Bolt lever is independant too. Magazine is detachable. Made of steel, it's four rounds capacity.

[Linked Image]

Barrel in standard caliber is 22,5 inches (56cm)hammer forged, polished and stress relieved. This one is 270 Winchester. Weight is 7lbs empty without scope.
Trigger is very good even without using the stetcher. For long range or target practice the stetcher is a must. Safety is two positions with a button " a la Sako" to open bolt rifle at safety.

Open sight are optimised for hunting running game with high visibility rear and front fiber optic inserts.

[Linked Image]

Stock is standard turkish walnut, oiled.

Accuracy is fantastic even with factory ammo.On that target the first two shots were a bit low, one clic (1cm), three others were in X ring.

[Linked Image]

The scope shown here is a very well worn out and battered old S&B 1,5-6x42 (more than 25year old)with a much scared tube. It never let me down. Come on powerful rifles and shotguns when i'm testing loads. Tracking is flawless and reticule never moved a hitch...Mounts are Leupold QR.

[Linked Image]

With that rig i have enough elevation for 750m shoot when zeroed to 200m. Windage is enough for most windy condition i meet in parts of mountain.

The target was shot at 100m (110yards)with Sellier Bellot PTS 150grs factory load. To 200 the group open no more with 270Winchester Power Max i used for hunting.
The rest i use is clearly seen. A Millet old 'pyramid" plastic one. No competition best rest. Before hunting i always control my shooting from my backpack because it's what i use in mountain when range increase.

Was a test rifle for a magazine i write in. Now it's my new rig. I'm back to wood and old standard of cartridges.

Have good week end.

Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)