Dom;
Thank you for sharing the Haenel with us, I wasn't aware they were still making firearms anymore and it brought back a lot of good memories for me.

The memories stem from a late friend who taught me how to glass bed stocks and helped me get through my first checkering job without reducing it to kindling! laugh

He had a wonderful collection of firearms and though he specialized mainly in older Winchesters, one rifle he that he'd restocked in a very fine chunk of English Walnut was an 8x57 Haenel - the first one I'd ever been able to actually handle.

If memory serves, the action looked like this one, but then it might have looked a bit more like a 98 too, I just can't recall exactly anymore.

[Linked Image]

My late friend's Haenel did have the double set triggers and octagon barrel, but not the tang site shown on that rifle. Though I may be confusing it with another rifle, it seems I recall a bit of a complicated scissor spring setup as a magazine spring.

Anyway, the new Haenel appears almost like a descendant of a Shultz and Larsen receiver in a way to my eye and I like it very much.

Thanks again Dom and all the best to you.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/04/12. Reason: spell czech broken

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"