The above posts hit it pretty well, IMHO, There is little difference between the two when we are talking about deer, but the 270 does get the edge if one is to hunt larger game. As to the .257WBY, I have owned two and the one I have now is and will likely remain my favorite deer and antelope rifle. With moly coated TSX's I am getting chronographed speeds of 3650 (worked up to 3850, but the primer pockets were useless after only two firings) out of my 27.5 inch PacNor tube and with the high BC and excellent terminal performance of the TSX, it is very easy to hit with and kill quickly with. Several big mule deer at 350 to 460 laser ranged yards, all bangflops! Recoil is very mild. I am taking this rifle with me in 4days as a backup to my .300Ultra on an Elk hunt. If the rifle or scope on any rifle in camp goes bad, I would have no qualms about myself or someone else using on a big bull elk out to 300 or so yards if a broadside shot were presented. Since you live close by, I would be happy to let you or one of your boys try it out.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500