bluefish I think when folks say on here and elsewhere that broad frontal areas impede penetration,it shouldn't be interpreted as meaning they don't penetrate at all....for the most part they certainly do,and lots of times as far as some of the "super penetrators" and certainly as far as they need to...

Sometimes, about the only difference is that the off side hide will stretch and catch the broad mushroom of the expanded bullet,and stop it,where a smaller frontal area may punch through.

Penetration is not the only characteristic of wounding ballistics that counts...and frequently these bullets giving large frontal areas will seem to hit game "harder",create larger wound channels and cause more trauma,have different shaped wound channel than one with smaller frontal area....not necessarily "better" but different. Some "super penetrators" have a reputation here and there for being rather "slow" killers in comparison.

In the photos above, my only concern is whether the Sierra has the construction integrity to do the same things in game that it does in water....I have not ever used those 250's on an animal but I hear good things about them from others.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.