Originally Posted by writing_frog

Generally in this type of hunting (Poland, Hungary, Baltic states, Scandinavia) drives are short so you move from one place to another, it help staying warm. We have warm tea or chocolate in thermo bottle, cereal and chocolated snacks, and some proteins (ham, saussage). You must drink warm often, it helps your body stay warm.

That's a problem here and in some parts of France I had the opportunity to hunt: the later you go into the season the most we use to beat larger areas at a time, which means you, as a standing rifleman holding a "line", you stay at the same place, avoiding to move to get the biggest chances to see game in your shooting window, from 2 to 4 hours, and I have to admit it can be difficult once you stay longer than 1.30 at the same place, especially with cold wind or humid weather (which is a belgian specialty: maximum moisture with low temperatures, no sun to be seen, and coold strong wind ... ).

On the pictures in the Cliffs next to the river Meuse, we were freezed ... We stayed about 4 hours not moving in the wind after climbing the hill ...

It's hard to find gear not too heavy in order to be able to walk up to our designated spots and to properly shoot the game, but warm enough to keep you in comfort during hours of freezing ... The feet are for me a keypoint ...

Last edited by grand_veneur; 02/13/12.

Va t'in tch�re !