Funny thing, I had to take the dash board off my Ford Explorer last month and work on the vent system. EVERYTHING on that truck under the dash is made in China. Once I got it fixed I was more depressed than before it broke!

As far as mounts go, I have a PEPR mount and like it. It's a better design than the Armalite. Unless armalite has changed, getting the scope mounted far enough toward is impossible. The PEPR is a good design and for a stationary mount I like it. It's a good height and can be mounted far enough foward unlike many of the low cost mounts. I have no idea about a repeatable zero though. The rifle that it sits on isn't "tactical" and doesn't have BUIS'. The mount stays on the rifle. The one thing I don't care for is it has picatinny rails on the ring tops. I don't need them and they look kinda stupid but all in all it's a good mount.

I've owned a couple of the La Rue mounts and they're OK but after owning an American Defense mount I doubt I'll ever buy another La Rue. IMO it's just a better mount.

Terry