Here's a copy of some Milk Jug Tests I posted over at rimfirecentral about six years ago. Not bone/meat but may help you decide on what round to use. I quit testing solid points as they did not expand no matter the velocity and the penetration was eating up my jug supply. Based on this I would vote for the Velocitor or a solid (anything but Remington which have had velocity consistency issues for twenty five years that I am aware of).

Digital Dan also has/had(?) some pictures of pig skulls that were shot with 22's down on the rimfire forum.

Jerry

Milk Jug Expansion Tests
22 Rimfire Milk Jug Tests

Shot at 50 Yards unless noted otherwise, Original Bullet Weight is in Parenthesis. All Rounds are Long Rifle Except CCI-Short HP and Aguila Super Colibri. Barrel length was 22 inches.

A-HV HP (Aguila High Velocity HP); Completely Penetrated 3 Jugs. Recovered weight 37.6 grains (38). Max. Expansion 0.295".

A-SC (Aguila Super Colibri); Shot at 20 Yards. Penetrated into 1st Jug, did Not Dimple Back Wall of Jug. Recovered weight 20 grains (20). No Visible Expansion.

A-SS HP (Aguila Sub-Sonic Hollow Point); Recovered in 2nd Jug. Recovered weight 37.4 grains (38). Max. Expansion 0.325".

CCI-QS (CCI Quik Shok) Did not Penetrate Back Wall of 1st Jug, Blew Jug Apart. Only Found 1 Small Fragment in Jug. Recovered weight 3.5 grains. This was the older packaged Quik Shok (pre 2006).

CCI-Short HP (CCI Short Hollow Point); Shot at 35 Yards. Found in 2nd Jug. Recovered weight 27.0 grains (27). Max. Expansion 0.400".

CCI-Short HP (50) (CCI Short Hollow Point); Shot at 50 Yards. Found in 3rd Jug. Recovered weight 26.5 grains (27). Max. Expansion 0.420".

CCI-SS HP (CCI Sub Sonic Hollow Point); Penetrated 2 Milk Jugs, Stopped on Face of 3rd Jug, Blew Apart 1st Jug. Recovered weight 39.0 grains (40). Max. Expansion 0.380".

REM-SS HP (Remington Sub Sonic Hollow Point); Penetrated 2 Milk Jugs. Recovered weight 39.3 grains (?). Max. Expansion 0.335".

RWS-SS HP (RWS Sub-Sonic Hollow Point); Penetrated into 3rd Jug. Recovered weight 40.3 grains (40). Max. Expansion 0.330".

WMT (Wolf Match Target); Penetrated into 5th Jug. Recovered weight 40 grains (40). No Visible Expansion.
[Linked Image]

2nd Set of 22 Rimfire Milk Jug Tests
I dropped the expansion measurement and weight as I felt the picture gives a better idea of how they opened up.

All were shot at 50 Yards. 2 Rounds were tested of each type and both are in the photograph. All Rounds are Long Rifle Hollow Points. Barrel Length was 22 inches.

AGUILA-SUPER MAX ; Both bullets penetrated into 2nd Jug. 2nd Bullet did not lose it�s frontal mushroom piece.

CCI- MINI MAG HP; 1ST Bullet penetrated the 2nd Jug and left a dimple (leaking water) in 3rd Jug, bullet was found at interface of jugs 2 and 3. 2nd Bullet penetrated into 3rd Jug and had the more extensive mushroom.

CCI-QUIK SHOK; Small fragment found in 1st Jug, larger fragment found in 2nd Jug (1st round is on the right side). 2nd shot had the same results, except the fragment in 1st jug was larger (2nd round is on the left). This is the new packaged Quik Shok (2006), which as OIS noted earlier blows apart less violently than the older stuff.

CCI-stinger; 1st Bullet penetrated 2nd jug and was found at interface with 3rd jug. 2nd Bullet penetrated into the 3rd jug, 2nd Bullet has the larger mushroom.

CCI-velocitor; Both Bullets penetrated into the 3rd jug.
[Linked Image][u][/u]

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 02/15/12.

Si vis pacem, para bellum