Several years ago I got the handgun hunting bug.
I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk hunter (regular grip), and for some reason I can't remember, wound up selling it.

I would like to own a nice hunting pistol in .44 mag. (perfect for deer and hogs), and I'm trying to decide between the Blackhawk Hunter or Bisley Hunter.

My only "gripe" with the regular grip was that when the hammer was cocked, the web of my shooting hand got in the way. I have average size hand, but I guess I have a naturally high grip. I had to make sure I lowered my grip so the hammer had adequate room, but doing that left my pinky finger nothing to hold onto.

The Bisley design looks like it would take care of my grip issue, but I've never been able to put my hands on one and try it.

Was just wondering if:

1. The Bisley grip actually gives you more area to hold onto without getting in the way of the hammer.

and....

2. Are their any goods OR bads about the shape/design of the bisley grip when firing stout .44 mag loads? I didn't know if this design tends to help distribute recoil or if it pushes more back into the shooters hand than the regular grip.

Any input would be appreciated.

SCHOOLCRAFT