As will become quickly apparent, grip shape is a very personal thing and personal preference. It may also depend on what you started with and got used to. I have 5 �� SS NMBHs in .45 Colt with the XR-3RED grip and the Bisley grip. I have fired heavy loads in both back to back to see what differences I might detect. I have large hands. The first thing I noticed is that I had to change the grips on both. I have found that I prefer Eagle Gunfighter grips for both. The standard Ruger NMBH grips flare at the bottom and make themselves very uncomfortable. The Bisley grip doesn�t flare, but it was just the right diameter to align my second finger with the trigger guard where it got a nice beating. The Eagle grips eliminate that for both guns. With the Eagle grips I don�t feel much of any difference between the guns. The NMBH rolls more in the hand. The Bisley has a slightly more straight line push, at least to me. The Super Blackhawk has a lower, wider hammer spur than the NMBH, while the Bisley has an even wider hammer spur. I actually prefer the higher hammer spur of the NMBH. I am tempted to fit a NMBH hammer to my 5 �� Super Blackhawk, but I haven�t gotten around to it.