Some really cool options with the 17HH being factory loaded and the round (OR rather, IMHO, its somewhat counterpart the 17 Ackley Hornet) amazes shooters beyond expectations.

I wasnt going to wait.

Some are saying the Ackley will out perform the Hornady, time will tell but the P.O. Ackley version is just "too cool" for me and in the midst of a deal for a custom barreled CZ 527 in it.

Yep, IF YOU CAN FIND THEM (which will happen sooner or later) the hornady will be VERY popular but for me, 22 hornet brass is easy to come by (I have lots too) and Ill bet cheaper.

Cost of dies you say? 85 bucks or so at CH4D and Lee will make Custom Collet dies and seater die for 65 TYD, just takes a little time (which is what is happening anyway ...waiting, on the hornady) by sending them fired brass and a bullet from YOUR rifle. (unsure JUST how much difference it would make. Me thinks they just want to double check headspace and shoulder angle).

Anyway, at my age, time is something I dont waste. LOL

Forming dies for the 17AH is reported as pretty easy. The Fire Forming round shoot as well as full loaded rounds for most, and I dont have to wait.......so long.

If I was going to wait........Id wait for the supposedly late 2012 CZ 527 (cant get away from that TRIGGER......oh my) but IM WILLING TO BET they will come at a premium and be in short supply for months.

Six one way, half a dozen the other. Pros and Cons, for both. Nope, I cant buy loaded 17 Ackley rounds and cant afford to buy new ammo anyway, or not do so without cutting back on shooting?

Forming, loading, buying components....all part of the fun to me and the end results seem tough to argue with. "Self Customized" loads.

Ill be shooting Channing Nagel's bullets by the way. Custom bullets a bit over (very small bit) over V-max prices and I GET TO PICK the meplat in 20, 25, 30 grain? Win Win situation for me.

Ill be hunting all summer with my CZ 17 Ackley hornet ......instead of waiting.

2 cents, no offense to anywone. Food for thought only.

God Bless

(yeah, yeah, V-max in the fireforming one......hey they were FREE lol)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Steve692; 02/26/12.

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."