Originally Posted by Boococky
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Ok, if no one else will say it.....

Trade it for Glock.

laugh

I love my Glock, but there is nothing like a 1911 wink

LOL,
After many many years of not owning one and listening to all the hype about how great 1911s were I finally bought one about 2 years ago. I did some research and based on the opinions of some respected people I know who own them I bought a SW1911 Doug Koenig version. A nice looking gun but out of the box wouldn't feed even 1 magazine of ammo without malfunction---a failure to fire condition. I boxed it up and sent it back on SW's dime with a list of items I wanted fixed. They fixed the failure to fire problem and filed the breech face(finished the machine work) to make the brass reloadable after firing. It had a step on the breech face that hadn't been machined enough and was crushing the rim of the case on firing. The gun now works but I have a hard time believing that it was ever test fired before being sent out of the factory. Pretty sad for a $1300 MSRP gun. I do like the trigger, the slim grip frame, adjustable sights, and it is accurate.

I've got a G21 that I bought about 17 years ago that I've put several thousand rounds of factory ammo and my reloads through it with only 1 malfunction. It even likes truncated cone West Coast bullets. I'd trust my life on the Glock working. The 1911 not. I'll keep it for punching holes in paper.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation