The concrete board on which the tile is mounted stands off the wall with one inch spacers made from strips of hardy board. That creates some vertical channels behind the tile. The base has openings cut in the joist to allow air to flow to those channels. This draws cool air from the floor through those vents and as it warms it travels up those channels and exits at the top of the tile creating a bit of a warm air exchange with in the room. The stove does have a fan on it but we don't use it much. The stove puts out plenty of heat without it most times.

I do have to finish the fresh air return which I am working on. As I replace the old windows in the house it becomes critical that I allow for fresh air to enter for better combustion not to mention our own health.

I would like to replace the stove. There are much more efficient stoves available. This one was in the house when we bought it. I had a small Lopi in our last house and really liked it. I will get another Lopi when we replace this one.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.