There is also the question of where in the barrel the leading is as to what the needs are. Close to the chamber and it is more likely to be a Fit or a pressure - alloy problem while at the muzzle it is more likely to be a lube, velocity or alloy while full length of the barrel could be all these combined.

First thing to get right is fit and then decide on what the requirements are for the bullet. That will dictate alloy and velocity. Folks are mostly overly concerned about bullet hardness when that is not necessarily the problem.

As noted above for my hunting purposes, I run a two part bullet (much like a Nosler Partition in that it has a soft nose for expansion with a hard rear shank and drive band for pressure - velocity viability) and has a 60gn of 50/50 Pb/ww nose on a 100gn lino shank-drive bands with a home made copper GC. I size the base a thou and a half over grove dia and the bore riding SOFT nose is a thou over bore dia. After sizing and lubing I do tumble lube in LLA mainly for the nose but run at 2415fps still has no leading so even soft lead can be run faster than is often ascribed to it if fit and lube are suficient.
I cleaned my barrel yesterday with over 250 rounds down it and while most of them were a plinking alloy of 47/33/20 (ww/Pb/lino) these are run at 1900fps but with just a aluminium GC and standard lube so, there were also many of my faster loads and there was no leading at all. I have tried WD and HT but have gone away from it as the need isn't there if fit, lube and alloy are matched with need.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12