Gravestone:

I started hunting with people that I met on the forum in the mid-90's, when it was called swap hunting. Maybe a dozen or so over the years. They have all been quality guys.

I met a guy from Texas who introduced me to Texas exotics and I hosted him for a Colorado elk hunt. We have hunted together several times since then, including in Alaska. He's a quality guy that I still keep in touch with.

In 2004 I hunted in Alaska with guys that I met on the Internet. All of us are from the lower 48 and none of us had met until we landed in Dillingham. That was a great adventure. One of those guys is now one of my best friends and I hunt with him every chance that I get.

I have had only one experience that was not totally positive. The guy was a stand up person but he wasn't prepared for hunting elk in Colorado. He didn't realize what he was getting himself into, he was in bad shape, I don't think he had much fun, and he went home early. Nice guy though and in a different suituation, I think things would have been better.

Last year a guy from Michigan joined me to hunt elk. He is a really good hunter and a super guy. Hope to get together again and maintain a good relationship with him.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.