I had a pre 64 M70 in 257 Roberts that I couldn't ever get to shoot. Funny part is, that it was formerly my Dad's and he shot it extremely well...I had witnessed it. After handloading many different combinations, switching scopes and mounts, thoroughly cleaning it...I sold it. Felt bad, as it WAS Dad's, but what the hey, a gun that doesn't shoot is a gun that doesn't shoot.

I still had the dies, brass, and what not, so bought a Ruger K1-A in a Bob, which is not renowned for being the best rifle in the accuracy department. I whipped up a load for it and to my disbelief, it prints clovers! Probably one of my most accurate rifles. Sad part is although I have hunted with it a bit, it yet has to draw blood. Patience.

On the same vein, I bought a Sako Bavarian for a moose hunt in the easy to please 30.06. Guess again. I shot 200's, 220's, and 180's, none of which would print satisfactorily. I seriously contemplated selling the gun, as I had a 7 RM that would fill the bill nicely. I tried out of desperation some 165 Partitions and struck gold. The rifle acted as though it was made for that particular bullet. The moose died.

[Linked Image]