Just opened the box on my first new to me, ordered to my specs McMillan. Supposed to be 50/50 orange and black; after seeing Seal's rifle I had to have one for my Redneck built 264 Win Mag.

This is not a McMillan bash and I debated even starting this thread, but I have a few questions for the guys that have more experience with these than I.

When these are pulled from the mold....what kind of finish work is done to the exterior of the stock. Should I be seeing light sanding marks throughout the stock??? Are they more visible because the stock is more black than anything?

There are some gray areas behind the pistol grip where you can see through the molded in colors???

I quess there is no quarantee on what the finished look is going to be like when the mold is poured with the color percentages? This is supposed to be a 50/50 mix, one side looks close. The bolt side....not so hot. Its almost completely black from the bolt inlet forward.

I'm waiting on a return call from Rick, just thought I may get some answers from some experienced guys here on the 'fire. (I'll weed through the smartarse, bashing comments and respond accordingly.) Im pretty disappointed in this stock, but want to hear how other members have had thier orders handled.

Last edited by joshf303; 03/07/12.