Redhead,

I've been looking at older Remington's and Winchester's that were chambered in 6.5x55. Just about every one I see listed are higher than any book value for a 100% rifle and most are considerably higher than the original MSRP, and none of these are 95% or above condition. I know they're not chambered anymore but I also don't think they all are to be considered highly collectible. That said $800 to $850 plus for one of those just doesn't sit well with me. I bought the Tikka 2 years ago for $550 new and it's a dream. Wanted to try something in the 700 or 70 actions. If I could find another Tikka around $600 I'd probably call it a day. Would love a Sako but anything that far north of $1000 is out of my league. I guess it comes down to how bad I really want something and how much of my hunting money I want to give up to scratch another itch. Not poor, but not desperate yet. I've never done a build and thought it might be an interseting option. Looking for a donor rifle with a good action, a stock that I can clean up and will try the rebarrel. Will watch the cost as I go but could end up with soemthing that really flosts my boat in the end.