Originally Posted by mistem
Originally Posted by 7mm08fan
Tony - call me cheap or frugal. I've never really been into custom rifles and their cost.Just really infatuated with the 6.5x55 and want another. If I could find a good one that was priced right and not somebody thinking they had the crown jewels I'd buy it.

Here's another option...buy the Howa barreled action in 6.5X55 Swede and purchase a Mcmillan edge. grin
Here's the link to one.
Howa Stainless 6.5 Swede

That's not a bad option. You can get a stock for under $100. Here's one from Boyd's just as an example:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/FT-WBY-VG-HOWA-LA-FBC-RJL-F-p/600-691.htm

The McMillans must be good. The name is mentioned ad nauseum here on the 'fire. But they cost a lot more than $100.

The 6.5x55 seems to be all the rage these days, and rightly so. It is an excellent hunting cartridge. They are not common in American sporting rifles, so they tend to command a premium. I had a Win M70 Classic Featherweight with killer wood, but traded it away at a gunshow. The dealer that got it sold it on Gunbroker for $1053! I gave $550 for it.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.