Slow but sure progress.

Right now, every day for about 20-30 minutes, I take her out to the arena and let her walk around the bike until she stops snorting and then I ride the bike around the arena at pretty fast clip while she runs along side me with me holding the lead rope. I ride about every three days and at that time, I come back and have my wife walk the bike around with her folllowing.She is getting better (the mule) about having the bike come towards her.

I don't think I will ever cure her of buggering when a bike comes up from the rear without making noise, but at present,I think it is just doing the exersize continually until she decides the bike is no longer a threat.

When young,it took about a month for her to decide the wheel barrow was not going to eat her when I had it in there cleaning corrals.Now I have to get after her to keep her form chewing on the handles.

Interesting thing.I emailed a fellow about this who is a well known mule trainer and has articles in Western Mule about every month. He could not offer much advice and said if he goes out and if there are vehicles with bike racks at the trail head,he doesn't unload and goes elsewhere. He said hehas ahad alot of problems with cyclist and it is worse in Colorado than anywhere. DUH, like I don't already know that.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles