Probably should put this in the reload section, but figured it would get a fair amount of exposure here also...

I have a standard load for sage rats for longer distances...
22.5 grains of H 4198 and 55 gr SPSX Hornadys.. MV is about 3150 fps out of a 26 inch Rem or Ruger varmint rig..

Went to the range to check scope zero and 5 shots at 100 yds, and NOTHING... wth?????

so I went home and got a batch of 20, and out of 10 shots about 4 hit the target, small tight group... but only 4 shots..

next same load with regular Hornady SPs in 55 grain and had a tight one hole 5 shot group...

tried 10 more of the SPSX's and again 4 made it to the target, bull 6 didn't...

I've used this load for years, with no issues..

chronographed them.. 3150 fps..

called Hornady, and they said they should be able to handle 3400 fps in a 223 with a one in 12 twist which both rifles have...

problem is... they aren't... a second range trip again verified the same...50 to 60% are disintegrating before they can make it 100 yds..

I don't know if they have changed the make up of these or what...but now I am busy disassembling 900 loaded rounds that I have done with bullets bought this year...

I am doing 100 a day, disassembling and then reloading with 55 grain Varmint Nightmare Extremes from Mid South...which are presenting NO problems...

after this, I have 400 or so 22.250 rounds loaded to about 3400 fps to also disassemble...

I am sure most of you can relate to the joy of having to do all of this...

hence the reason I am giving a heads up to the forum....

better check your loads out at the range before loading up so many or going to the field with them and have them vaporize in thin air instead of vaporizing varmints...

at least all this never ending rain, is keeping me occupied with time to do all this... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez