It's been done to death - the Scout can't be aimed nearly so close to the sun, the Scout can't be used as well for light gathering and so doesn't do nearly so well in low light, the Scout can't be high magnification, nor parallax adjustable (nor need it pretty much)- fit is a sometimes thing depending on climate and clothing and position hence all the adjustments in tactical or long range stocks but the Scout is pretty much optimized for field not bench or prone positions.

Folks might consider the range of optical sights goes from a big Nightforce say intended for long range on a hard kicker down to a T1 intended for short range on a light kicking carbine.

The Scout scope and rifle is handy for a woods walking retired loafer who might take shots as he finds them. Likely enough any particular shot if known in advance and walked through with maybe airgunning, visualization and dry fire practice will be more precise with a conventional mount - but not always the same conventional mounted scope.

Try it, you might like it. I bought a Steyr Scout and followed up with Dragoon because I liked it - but I don't have a Scout scope on my .220 Swift or some others.