I have ten of these rifles, will pick up two more later today and have had some others. They are the finest production actions ever offered by anyone and are perfect for building custom sporters. I might add that Duane Weibe and Ralf Martini have agreed with my opinion on this in phone conversations.

The safety-bolt lock on the 21 small ring series needs to be changed, as it does not lock the bolt, unacceptable in a hunting rifle to me,but, some later examples of this were fitted with the ZG bolts,with that safety and round knobs....these are HIGHLY desireable and very rare in Canada.

The ZG-47 safety works very well, BUT, in reverse to what we are all used to. One needs a Mauser 98 cocking piece to change this to a 3-pos. as I do the ZGs I have that I will seriously hunt...some are just safe queens, too minty to use.

The ZGs come in both vapour-blasted and polished receivers(rare) and in several stock-barrel configurations. They typically are not quite as nicely finished as the earlier 21 series, also available in several configuations.

There were about 42000 21 and 21000 ZG rifles made, most exported to Canada, Australia, Africa and Scandinavia,from what I can find and they are NOT easy to find, but, buying a minty one is far more satisfying than finding a minty P-64 Mod. 70 and they are much finer rifles.

There are various factory rings available,Alaska Arms and Ragner make "Burgess-type" rings and I use Talley QD screw rings on mine that I actively hunt. The Talleys holding a 4x Zeiss Conquest on my factory ZG in 9.3x62 restocked in Micky Edge MKX handle work VERY well and this is among the finest and most shootable rifles of the 125 or so big game rifles I have owned since 1965.

I also change the triggers on those actions I customize and am going to try to new Alaska Arms offering, but, it is a tad pricey. That said, ya gets what ya pays for and these actions deserve the finest.

HTH, Bob, I can see that you are getting ready to.......... wink