Originally Posted by 68injunhed
I had a CETME, pretty much the same operating system. Be sure to get the flutes in the chamber clean, and get as much crap as p;ossible out of the inside of the receiver where the bolt carrier rides, then a few drops spread over the spring, a drop or two spread over the firing pin, and a drop for each locking roller and you're pretty much good to go. Some guys put a very light touch of grease on the locking piece where it hits the rollers.

Personal preference as far as the trigger group goes. I put a tiny touch of grease where the bolt resets the hammer, and on the sear surfaces as well.

Because of the carbon byproduct that is a part of the ejection system, run the rest of it pretty much dry.

Very nice rifle BTW, my uncle had one when I was a kid, it was my first "big boy" gun that I shot.
Thanks EE and injunhed.

I actually had an original H&K91 back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I sure wish I hadn't sold it. Sold it just before the George H.W. Bush ban on their import, so right after I sold it the prices on them went up to two or three thousand dollars a pop.