I've been using Ballistic Explorer for about 10 years. I got it free when I purchased the 35P Chronograph back then. I've gotten free upgrades since that time as I suspect anyone can if they download the setup file rather than order a new CD. As usual, Oehler is ahead of the pack in that area as well. The setup file is digitally signed so you can tell if you got a good download before you run the setup file. There's even a video showing how to download and test the setup file. I just upgraded to version 6.4.6, which seems to be mostly an update to the load and bullet database. Still, it's free and I appreciate Oehler's commitment to keep their software up to date.

I also have Sierra Infinity 6 and was disappointed to find that I had to create a bullet for every BC I wanted to experiment with, and what's worse is that Infinity only works with G1 ballistic coefficients as far as I have figured out. Now that Berger and Lapua publish G7 ballistic coefficients I really appreciate Ballistic Explorer's ability to work with G7 and other drag models as well as convert from one drag model to another. I see Ballistic Explorer's bullet library now includes some G7 values for Berger and Lapua bullets, which saves me time looking them up.