Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I don't add anything to my diesel. If I were to use anything I certainly wouldn't use two stroke oil in a modern common rail engine, the stuff's not designed for that. You could get away with that (though it was never necessary) with the old mechanical pumps, no way I'm pumping that crap through a $500 computerized injector at 22,000 PSI.

I'm not all that familiar with bio blends, but as Walt pointed out I guess they do at least add back some lubrication to the fuel and help keep things cleaned up as well.

With that said, there's LOTS of trucks out there that weren't designed to run on the current ULSD either. It is somewhat of a crap shoot as to what you really should do. 1000.00 CP3, 400-500 dollar injectors

Simple fact is our diesel we do have available is pretty crappy when it comes down to it. Best thing you can do is filtration filtration filtration.

Duramax apparently has the same type of injectors used on Dodge Cummins. Chevy at least has better filtration from the factory. And there's LOTS of people that will just buy whatever filter is cheapest or most readily available at their parts place.

Best thing anyone can do is add some additional filtration and run a good filters.

Life is just one damned thing after another