I finally got to the range to sight in my 39a. It's a mountie model I picked up in somewhat rough shape with a bit of rust here and there, gunked up action and turns out the firing pin was broken. I cleaned the bore, and the action as well as possible and last trip to the range the feeding was inconsitant as well as firing. I further cleaned the action and stoned the firing pin a bit to allow it to protrude further.

Well, the upside is I got to shoot the gun with a scope and even with a poor rest and bulk ammo the 25 yd groups were around 1/2" for 10 shots. But, I still need to work the firing pin as most often pulling the trigger after loading a fresh round results in a click, and you have to cock the gun again to get it to fire.

The other bugger is sometimes when loading a fresh round the bulet pops up high and the nose of the bullet isn't feeding into the chamber. I don't think anything is gunked up anymore, but something is certainly amiss regarding pointing bullets in the right direction.