Originally Posted by herschel34
So, if you use Hornady One Shot per the instructions (i.e. spray at a 45 degree angle to get it inside the case neck), how do you remove the lube fom the inside of the case neck?

What happens if you don't remove it from te inside of the case neck?

I load a tray and spray from about 45 above the cases from 4 sides. Just a quick horizontal motion that I can see contacts the cases well. Let it dry for a minute or so. This motion also lubes the inside of the neck. Hornady says the lube will not contaminate powder or primers and I take their word on it. I size the cases and seat the bullets with the lube in the neck then wipe the cartridges. One other thing Hornady says to do when you first start using it is to disassenble your dies, clean thoroughly then lube the inside of the die with One Shot before sizing the cases. It can be amazing what kind of crap accumulates in a die.

As far as cleaning the necks inside I usually chuck a bore brush in a drill and run the case necks up and down on that to knock out any rough particulate before lubing and sizing. Of course I'm not loading for an upcoming all day match or prairie dog shoot. Having a little One Shot inside the neck has not affected anything so far as I can tell.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."