My first post here. I had a Winchester Model 94 Saddle Ring Carbine in 32 WS that was build in 1922. About 3 years ago, that gun along with about 30 other rifles, assault rifles, shotguns and handguns were stolen, along with the safe they were in. Sad day as that Winchester belonged to my Granfather, who received it as a gift from one of the many men he helped who worked at a local CCC camp during the Great Depression. It had two notches on the forgrip for two Michigan state champion bucks it shot.

About a year ago, I cam across a new Model 94 (full rifle) in an Angle Eject model (I can attach a scope) - in 32 Winchester Special. It was new in box, though it was build in 1982. It's a great rifle, but I've yet to find scope rings that fit the top of the rifle properly.

This buck was shot at 270 yards from an upright sitting position and no rifle sling.
[Linked Image]

I love the 32WS cartridge and I'm more of the opinion that the rifle cartridge was designed purely for an improvement over the 30-30 toward a higher muzzle velocity and flatter trajectory. See this article here. http://www.levergun.com/articles/special.htm

You definately feel the extra muzzle velocity over the 30-30 and I have the ruptured capilaries in my shoulder to prove it! After shooting a box of ammo, I'm whimpering prior to pulling the tringger in anticipation of the punishment!

Last edited by TexasMoose; 05/18/12.