We were trapping beaver on the local river one spring. We had been doing OK and my buddy had borrowed a Ruger single six for the shooting iron. We were shooting.Remington "THUNDERBOLT" shells out of it. One day we had caught a good sized beaver and my buddy walked up to it, point blanked it right on top of the head and the beav hit the dirt.... DRT !! We thru it in the boat, remade the set and went on down the river. After a bit, my buddy went to screaming and I looked to see what was going on and here sits the beaver in the middle of the boat......alive !! BUDDY was going to shoot it some more right there in the boat and I said NO WAY !! It ain't my boat !! We got it killed again and went on down the line. When we got home and started skinin' the beavs , bullets started dropping on the floor out of every beaver we had. NOT ONE bullet had made it into the brain pan of the beavers. They were all flattened out but would not get thru the skulls of the beavers.
STOCKER !! Did you ever notice you never made a new friend at the walmart store when you had your skunk boots on, HA !! THE LOOKS ALWAYS WERE WORTH THE PRICE OF GETTING ASKED TO LEAVE !! ha !