Originally Posted by mike762
Here Gus, read this, it might make things more clear. BTW, it doesn't matter if it's post modern or pre modern, money is money and is necessary to facilitate trade. Until we get to mining asteroids for gold making it as common as dirt, it will be held in esteem as a preserver of wealth, simply because it is rare and difficult to come by.

www.zerohedge.com/news/it's-capital-we-guarantee-it

Well, the dadgum link won't work, so just type it in.
I know you don't like a negative comment to be directed at Gus, so long as he refrains from bad language, but what you might not realize is that I've been through this with him several times. In the end, after you've presented him with the facts and arguments, he will pretend that he cannot grasp the concepts and that he was never provided with the facts that refute his arguments, thus nullifying your efforts. But I guess this is one of those things you will have to learn on your own through bitter experience. He's not the sincere seeker of information and understanding that he pretends to be, is my point. He has his own very bizarre agenda. But carry on, because it's good to get you commenting on this stuff for the rest of the folks to potentially learn from.