All of the above is great info. Thanks Jog for the correction in regards to what I was informed about the year being 61 instead of 69, that is good to know as well.

Anybody know the story about the red grips?

This Browning is night and day in better shape than some of the ones I handled down in southern Iraq while working with the Brits. Theirs were in terrible shape, many with sights that could hardly even be called sights.

I (along with a couple other guys)spent some time on the range, working with some of their medical staff giving informal pistol classes. The level of training they had recieved up to that point was very minimal, so we took our time over a number of weeks and drank a lot of tea and had a good time with the classes.

The Brit's HI Powers though looked like they had been drug around the British Empire and never recieved a single bit of attention along the way. A few I tore down, simply to clean out the crud,one or two may have been the subject to a file stroke or two to remove a couple of burrs.

We of course let the nurses shoot our G19s, which they really thought were the cats meow.

One thing I have noticed on this particular Belgian HP is that it has a truly excellent trigger, which is not something I can say for many stock HPs that I have shot. They were building them right during that era, for sure.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com