Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Hey There Kevin!

I was wondering when our resident Hi Power expert was going to make an appearance. smile I do recall reading about Browning's issues with salt in the wood of rifle stocks. I never considered that there might have been fallout into the handgun line/grips.

That is an interesting observation and makes complete sense. Fortunately there is not a lick of rust on this example. I am guessing if it has not shown up in the last 4 decades, I am reasonably safe.

Doing a little research led me to Stephan Camp's website "Hi Powers and Handguns". Needless to say, perusing that site led me down more than a few rabbit trails about Hi Powers.

Thanks for your observations on the HP Kevin.

MS

Stephen and I go back to the early �90�s with one of the first shooting forums, the Prodigy Shooting Sports Bulletin Board. Then we met up again several years back Stephen and I were both member of a Hi Power�s forum that was pretty good. Unfortunately that site was taken down by a very malicious attack and they lacked the funds to get it back running quickly, so most of the forum members sort of dispersed. After that incident, Stephen decided to create Hi Power�s and Handguns which is a great site with some great information; Stephen was a very sharp individual, we�ll always miss him.