Originally Posted by FredWillis
Fishfowler

Sounds kind of like a reformed alcoholic, only a hunter. I guess my question is, Why would anyone risk a nice double or O/U in the chukar hills, when one can use a throw away auto or pump? It is not a question if you are going to fall, only when.

By the way, I never did see a need to have 5 shell capacity and besides, it is against the law in Oregon.

In our chukar camps, the only guys we encounter with doubles are eastern hunters, coming west. Maybe the oregon shooters catch on quicker.

I grew up in Idaho, since I'm in WA now, I guess I could be accused of being an Easterner. I'm with you on risking fine doubles in the chukar hills.

I've found that the Spaniards make the best chukar guns and have several from various manufacturers. They won't win any beauty contests, but I won't lose any sleep if I fall on them or drop them off a cliff.

I'm not sure about the reformed alcoholic thing, but will take it as a compliment, (except I'm not reformed in hunting or drinking).

In our chukar camps we prefer doubles, maybe the Oregon guys haven't figured it out yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]