[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have 45-50 three shot groups in the binder, and with a few (3-4) bughole groups, this fk'r is amazingly consistent.

Zeiss Conquest in Burris signature rings.
Trigger is adjusted to about 2.5 lb's.
Action is bedded very nicely including the barrel shank.
Clearance on bottom, sides and front of recoil lug.
Barrel is floated.
Worked up loads with 120 BT, 130 AB, 123 Scenar, 123 AMax, 140 AMax and 120 TSX's.
H4350 and a few loads with H4831SC
About 50/50 FED 210M and BR2's
Neck sized only with Redding Comp die.
Case necks brushed out before loading.
Cases annealed after three firings.
No pressure signs to date.
Land location determined by Stoney Point.
Headspace allowance for difference between modified case and fired case confirmed.
The first five groups +/- plain bullets, all others moly'd.

Range is 100 yards, about 30 yards wide with 12' berms on three sides.

This SOB shoots 2 together and one 1"-1.5" in outer space like group #3 below. It may be any of the the three shots, but at least one is out.

I believe I have covered everything except the scope but my gut tells me the Zeiss is not the problem. This particular scope was bought off the classifieds and sent to Zeiss for turrets; I would think Zeiss would have looked it over but I could be wrong.

I rarely shoot in poor conditions watching the weather to shoot in the morning on days I have a head or tailwind less than 8 mph to eliminate drift and I use flags (streamers). I shoot early to keep the temperature down (75-85 deg right now). The swivel studs are removed, I use talcum powder on the rest and bag, I hold my breath and squeeze.

I know when I am on target because the reticle covers the target perfectly.

I have 1500.00 tied up is this fk'r and I am not happy.

1. Scope? I can swap that today.

2. Stock? I would need to borrow a stock.

3. Barrel? I have heard few if any negative comments about PacNor.

What the hell am I missing? mad

The only thing I will not do is put a pressure point under the barrel, all of my barrels are floated and I will not start now.

[Linked Image]

This is what set me off, I went this morning with loads that have previously shown potential, specifically to make sure I was not becoming lazy with form. I made sure my eye was centered in the scope, kept a consistent grip and the butt firm to my shoulder but not tight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dave