Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I was pretty damn sure they did. At least I had a bar, a hot shower and sheets at night. It was that four hours a day getting hosed that got sporty - and made me rush to that bar every night!

Sorry for the diversion, guys. It was 40 years ago exactly, and it tends to pop into memory a lot.

Rocky, my wife and I were at an Outback Steakhouse a month ago when a couple that looked just alittle older and grayer than myself, sat in the booth across from us. I noticed he was wearing a USMC ball cap so, being a Marine from the mid-70's, I gave him a "semper fi" and asked who he had been with when on active duty. He mumbled something and his wife said, "go ahead and tell him." To make a long story intolerable, he was a tunnel rat (and still alive!!). Besides the courageous duty that you performed, the only thing that I can think of that comes close are those skinny little fearless guys that crawed into tunnels with a flashlight and a 1911------geez, you guys and those tunnel rats embody courage that I can't imagine!!!

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.