I recently decided that I want to purchase a .270WSM. I would like to get one in a M70. It would be my first M70. I have owned lots of Remington M700 and I swear by them, a Steyr that is VERY accurate (puts most any load in less than 1/2" at 100 yards, and puts these new 160 Accubonds nearly in one hole) a Mauser 98, and a Ruger M77.

I learned most all I know from my father who I consider to have a great wealth of rifle and realoding knowledge. He was a Jack O'Connor fan, and dearly loves his M70's, though he complains they are very hard to get to shoot accurately. Atleast thats been the story with the 6 or 8 he owns now, and the other dozen or so he's gotten rid of due to the fact they wouldnt shoot well enough to be confident they'd get the job done in the woods, very hard to get to shoot accurately.

Anybody want to relate similar experiences, or tell me different? Or a way to solve. I have seen my father sink lots of time, and money having them worked on, glass bedded, accurized, etc, and be very frustrated.

War Damn Eagle!