To anyone out there with a bad shooting Ruger... I bought a Ruger Hawkeye .308 about four years ago
and was shocked to find that such a fine looking rifle wouldn't shoot more reliably than a 1.5� group..
I put one of those limb saver barrel de-resonators on it and that didn't help.. I spent many hours and many days reading forums looking for some insight to this problem... Found nothing to help..!!!
I tried many different reloads thinking just any time I'll find one that will shoot but finally gave up and went on to other guns for awhile... My LR/AR's all shoot submoa and have an H&R single shot 45-70 that easily shoots submoa with the FTX bullets.. And I figured out a load for a friends 7mm RUM that just shot a .375 group� So now I decided to get this old Hawkeye out and play with it again..
From playing with the AR's I decided to start out by putting a bipod on it to see what that would do.
After shooting a few different loads found that the bipod didn't help the groups at all.
I noticed that the forearm of the camo plastic stock seemed quite wobbly with the bipod on it and wondered if a plastic stock should be that limber. Then decided to replace the plastic stock with a laminated wooden stock... I left the de-resonator on the barrel but changed it's position from 3/4� from the end of the barrel to about 3/4� from the stock.... OMG.....!!!!
Today I shot 4 different load/bullet combinations at 100 yards and three were submoa the 4th might have been if I hadn't pulled the shot... I think I was in shock..!!??!!
This rifle has NEVER done anything like this before......!!!

I would of posted the pics of the targets but don't have a place to put them on the web..
These test groups were all fired from previous experimental test bags and the Varget bag only had 2 left.

All brass and primers used was Winchester..
IMR8208 44gr
Hornady 160 FTX 4 shots - 3/4� group

H4895 43 gr
Hornady 160 FTX 4 shots � 3 were � and pulled one made it 1.5� group

Varget 44 gr
Hornady 165 SST 2 shots - .25�

IMR 3031 43.8gr
Sierra 150 SBT 3 shots .4375� group