Was chastised in my younger days by my farmer kin, because I would not shoot a baldy. Then when I finally entered the slaughter fraternity in my 40s and began killing does, they criticised me for mostly shooting little fellers. I call 'em vealers and they're mighty tender and tasty.

One year I thumped a big doe running with two fawns of the year and a cousin agreed that I had killed a pretty big doe (for me, anyway). Would guess she went a good 130lbs, but I've seen a few that were bigger.

Got one out back here at home, that'd go at least 150lbs and she "rules the roost" in these parts. Lately she's been up on her hind legs doing quite a bit of boxing, when they come in to feed on our apples. She figures they're all her apples, apparently? Don't think I've ever seen a stouter doe in PA?

Having passed my mid-60s, the little fellers are looking good again. Not enough spunk nor knees left, to be dragging dead 130lb does around, when there are plenty of 80 pounders to be had.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.